Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Quality Control: Meet Lola

  

Well it was going to happen sooner or later…you were going to have to meet Lola at some point.  Might as well get it out of the way.  This is Lola.  She is my 1 year-old Miniature English Bulldog and best friend in the entire world.  You will often hear me refer to her as a number of different nicknames including but not limited to:  Lola Grace, Lola Bear, Crinkle Butt, Crinkle, Crinks, Chunker, Butterball and Fat Kid.  I know most of these names we wouldn’t be fond of having ourselves, but she doesn’t mind.


Lola has served as an integral part of this design process.  When we first showed our samples to friends and family there was a recurring question…”these horns are so beautiful…how do you know they are real?”.  The funds haven’t allowed us to make the trip to India yet, so we couldn’t say for certain they were.  At least not until Lola got a hold of a horn. 


It started at night when she would jump off the bed and whine at my dresser.  It took me a few days to figure out she was wining at my purse I put there each evening.   Sure enough I mindlessly threw my bag on the floor the other evening and discovered Lola sniffing and licking it like it was the best bone she’d ever found.  


It was official.  The horn was “Lola tested”…100% organic and Lola chew toy material.  


She left me a little slobber as she licked her lips

No comments:

Post a Comment